Red Squirrel Watching in My Hidden Galloway Garden
It is warm, it is sunny, so a perfect evening to step from my desk to sit in my garden and watch the little red squirrels go about their squirrely business. And it was a busy evening for the squirrels, I observed 4 individuals – the twins, a different other young one (not a twin) and a different adult (different meaning not Molly). I guess squirrels enjoy a warm sunny evening too, they were certainly enjoying that the trees were bursting into leaf and providing lots of fresh things to eat.
1. I like the look of that…..
2. Go on, we can SHARE…..
3. No? Pffft…well I SUPPOSE this one looks fine too….
4. A moment of peace….
5. Ach, I can find somewhere better to eat MY nut…
6. A little later, and the other twin leaves the windowsill, and exits stage right, pausing to gather a tulip between its wee paws. I fail to capture the moment. Gutted!!! Instead I got this…
7. I sat and patiently observed the squirrels running around the two tall pine trees in my garden, offering no opportunity for pictures. And when out of sight they gave themsleves away by the chittling away on their hazelnut noise.
8. A little later, as I had moved again tracking the sunny spot across the lawn, I spotted another, having a ball feasting on the freshly budded leaves. I didnt recognise this squirrel, looked a little bigger than the rest.
9. I watched him for a while…
10. …before he too dropped out of sight, and it was time to come indoors. (and write this post post!)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.